Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Bedtime!!

Kids bedtime is always an exciting time of the day. Even as we try to keep it a solid routine, it almost always turns out different. J will come up with every excuse he's learned so far to try and prolong it as long as possible... "I'm hungry", "I'm thirsty" "I'm poopy." Some nights, especially those on days when he did not have a long nap, or neglected to nap at all, are easy... he's even smiling as he gets into bed because he's so tired. But other nights he's constantly playing a game of cracking the door open ever so slightly to peek out. Then when it looks like were coming his way "slam" he closes the door and runs into bed. Eventually this will turn into him just finding something in the room to pass the time away. Recently he found a pen and drew all over the walls, dresser,  pillow cases and sheets. Two nights ago he came out wearing his mom's nail polish all over his eyelids, eyebrow and surrounding skin. On my turns to go in, I will get him back in bed and tuck him in and then usually threaten him with "Now stay in bed because it's mommy's turn next and she will get VERY angry with you and you don't want that!" I've felt bad for saying that and keep meaning to stop. But last night I happened to walk by the door when it was mom's turn to get him back in bed and I heard softly "daddy will get very angry with you if you get up... so you better stay in bed." Great! Real nice mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment